See NDUS policy 1901.2 – Computing Facilities: www.ndus.edu/sbhe-overview/sbhe-policies for information related to acceptable use of college technology at NDSCS. For additional information, call ITS Service Desk at 701-671-3333 or email NDSCS.ServiceDesk@ndscs.edu.
The following is a partial list of unacceptable uses of the NDSCS electronic resources:
- Unauthorized use, sharing, lending or borrowing of an account;
- Using computer services or facilities for purposes other than those for which the account was issued;
- Copying, altering, or destroying the files of another individual without the express permission of that individual;
- Altering system software or hardware configuration, or disrupting or interfering with the delivery or administration of computer resources;
- Misrepresenting oneself as another individual or entity in electronic communications;
- Using the College’s network system to download copyright-protected media without permission including, but not limited to, books, music, movies, television programs and games;
- Exceeding college bandwidth limits;
- Sharing or distributing copyright-protected media without authorization of the content owner;
- Abusing or misusing the computer facilities so as to cause damage, to disturb or harass others;
- Using the College’s network system to enter obscene material into college-owned computers or send obscene material through the Internet or any other electronic system; and/or
- Any other violation of NDSCS policies governing electronic communications.